Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

What a blur the last few years have been.
We are starting our 3rd flock of chickens, the kids are in 4th and 5th grade, hubby has a new job, I survived breast cancer, and a heart attack.
I haven't done any sewing or crafting in that amount of time either, so I have started to clear out all the fabric scraps and things that I feel I have no time for now.
It's not that I wouldn't want to sew but with my treatments and my husband's surgeries I have needed to work as much as possible in order to pay off medical bills.
I started substitute teaching last Oct. and pretty much work everyday.
Life is good though and the Lord has been ever faithful.
I am so looking forward to the summer break although I realize that in the next few weeks I will be scrambling to get the garden planted and get 4-H projects done.
So hard to believe that the fair will start on June 28th-seems too early and getting veggies to grow by then is going to be iffy.
We are in the process of trying to sell off a few chickens so we don't have to 
butcher so many this time around.
 7 days of school left and then I will be starting summer school homeschooling.
This is an effort to avoid sending the kids to summer school which in 
my opinion robs the kids of  their break.
I suppose I better get organized for that too.
Have a great Memorial Day!

No comments: